Scott Callen provides business and employment law general counsel legal services to companies and business professionals. Mr. Callen also handles litigation in state and federal courts, and represents clients involving state and federal agency matters.
He has been selected to the “Legal Elite™” by Florida Trend magazine, in which less than two percent of Florida attorneys receive this designation. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Callen was an equity partner with Foley & Lardner, LLP and Adams and Reese, LLP, and he received his J.D., cum laude, from Florida State University College of Law in 1998.
Mr. Callen has experience representing Fortune 500 companies, and his clients are national, regional, statewide, and local in scope of operations. He provides prompt, practical, and strategic legal representation, and Mr. Callen has many legal achievements in representing clients since 1998, including litigation prevention and reduction of claims, success in legal disputes and litigation strategy, and achievement of business and legal objectives.
Mr. Callen representative matters and experience include:
- Advising and litigation representation for a publicly traded Fortune 500 restaurant corporation.
- Advising and litigation representation for national and regional staffing companies, including numerous transactional and contracting matters.
- Advising and litigation representation for “on demand” economy clients, courier, trucking, and messenger companies, including drafting, implementing, and defending independent contractor models.
- Advising and litigation representation for clients in health care, insurance, professional services, hospitality, construction, manufacturing, restaurant and food services, financial services, and franchise models.
- Advising and litigation representation for numerous businesses and professionals regarding employment matters, including employment agreements, training, policies, audits, contracts, corporate agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation provisions, handbooks, severance, employment benefits, unemployment, unlawful employment practices, EEOC charges, and counseling and strategy with human resources professionals.
- Advising and litigation representation for compensation and wage/hour matters, including FLSA collective and class action litigation, and Department of Labor investigations.
- Serving as outside general counsel to numerous businesses related to intellectual property, general liability and insurance, business transactions, contracts, and litigation matters.
- Advising and litigation representation for small, medium, and large companies and business professionals.
Mr. Callen is a published author in Thomson Reuters/Aspatore “Key Components of Defending Employer Clients in Litigation,” and “Drafting and Negotiating Employment Agreements,” a frequent public speaker on legal strategy and employment topics, and holds a leadership position with Big Bend SHRM for legislative and legal developments.